Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

水曜日, 6月 29, 2005

Well, that's settled

Kicking bag: 1
Big Toe: 0

The big toe lost a point for the long wait (2 -3 hours without an appointment) at the health clinic, but gained a point for being a clean break that's not on a joint.

On the plus side, I am now certain that I know where the clinic is. I have my little ID card. I can get through an exam and X-ray speaking little Japanese.

On the minus side, I have a broken toe - the only one that people seem to care about if it breaks. It's my right big toe, just above the joint. It's my first broken bone - ever. I have to go back in 2 weeks to make sure it hasn't moved out of position. I have to keep my weight off of it for a month. The doctor showed me how to walk funny with my toe held up to accomplish this. At least it's not crutches...we all know I'm WAY too stubborn for those to be an option. He gave me little anti-inflammatory bandages to wrap around it twice a day. I may pair them with some loose tape to keep them on and the toe semi-set. He offered me pain medicine. Honestly, the pain's not so bad that Tylenol can't take it out and I somehow managed to convey that I was still breastfeeding which made him retract his offer.

Speaking of stubborn, I'm still going to Tokyo Disneyland in a week. Chrys says he may rent me a wheelchair which excites me because that gets you moved ahead in the line in America. I'm also still planning on going to karate twice a week, but I won't contact anything with my foot and I won't do anything that requires me to move around much since it's hard to move well and keep your weight off of your toe. Hopefully it won't affect my belt test too much, but we'll see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

Disney...yup I would go to Disney with a broken toe. Can't wait to read all about it later. Have a great time.

Love C

01 7月, 2005 16:20  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

Ow-w-w. Certainly does look colorful in the photos you guys just posted. And you're still going to work toward your belt test. You're amazing.
Love,
Mom

02 7月, 2005 17:39  

コメントを投稿

<< Home