Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

日曜日, 6月 26, 2005

Japanese snacks

There is one thing that I am going to miss horribly about Japan - snack food.

You cannot beat a good box of Men's Pocky. Dark chocolate, pretzel stick...it's goodness in foil. Of course, that's only one of a dozen really great flavors of Pocky and we haven't touched the non-Glico brands.

Then there's Pretz. Pretzel sticks with flavoring. The current favorite is Maple & Butter.

Sesame crackers, potato sticks, bakeries everywhere, fresh fruit galore (always in season)...I could thrive on snacks alone, I'm sure of it.

Then there's onigiri. Yummy stuff (mostly) wrapped in rice and seaweed. A couple of them make a great meal.

I haven't managed a personal relationship with azuki beans or chestnut paste, even though I'm sure they're better for me. Rice crackers, I can take or leave. Nevertheless, the 'snack' options here never cease to amaze me and leave me waiting for my stomach to growl...just the tiniest bit.

3 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

Well of course I had to google the azuki beans and here's one of the links I found... http://www.eat-japan.com/health-beauty/remedy/volume10.html Only four ingredients in the red rice and beans recipe. Can't get much simpler than that. Never heard of black sesame salt. I wonder how that's different from regular salt. Hm-m-m-m.

What a versatile little bean.
Love,
Mom

26 6月, 2005 06:58  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

I fed my friends the Azuki Bean Paste Pocky.

"It tastes like cheap cookies."
"It _does_!"
Me: "I know what it is."
"What?"
Me: "Think refried beans."
"Oh my god!"
"Oh my god!"
"...YOU'RE FEEDING US REFRIED BEAN POCKY?"

26 6月, 2005 22:44  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/

I did a search for Japanese snacks and found this site that you can order all types of goodies from. I may even have to try some myself when the weather cools down. :)

Love ya Chris.

PS. No letting snack food keep you from coming back to the states...work, actually enjoy being there now those are great reasons to stay...Snack food order off of the net and come home :)

29 6月, 2005 16:23  

コメントを投稿

<< Home