Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

火曜日, 5月 31, 2005

Tagalong

On our return trip, we got to bring someone back. Fyoire tagged along with us. We snuck her into the business class lounge in Tokyo. She convinced me to try the cinnamon raisin cookies - num! Sadly, they didn't have onigiri like the SFO lounge so I didn't get to tag bunches of those to feed to Roo on the plane as I had before.

We bought duty free booze for the first time so Chrys could have good rum instead of the SUPER strong Japanese stuff. This way, maybe I'll actually drink some of it, too. Duty free Godiva, too - num, again.

On the plane, she snuck up to see us. We snuck food to her, she wasn't impressed with the leftovers. I gloated over the lobster I had just eaten. Then I felt bad. I almost stole Chrys' to feed to her, but they took it. During snack time, I snagged a few extra baby packs of peanut M&Ms (like 3 per pack) and some Fran to give to her later. Movies sucked, same stuff as headed out there - Alexander (blech), Phantom of the Opera (pretty decent), Bonnie and Clyde (from like 1960, what??!), Shall We Dance? (not bad), Cell Phone 2 (maybe?, it was Japanese and subtitled and stupid horror just like the American stuff) and some other stuff I'd seen or didn't care about.

We Kuro Neko'ed luggage for the first time from Haneda. That way, we were sure Kuro Neko was open and we didn't risk having to cram it into our little car, which can barely hold the luggage for the 3 (4) of us, much less an extra. (Side note, it only took two days to show up - not bad!)

We met one of Chrys' co-workers in Haneda, on his weekly trip from his family there to work in Isahaya.