Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

金曜日, 4月 22, 2005

Azalea Festival

Last weekend, we went to the Isahaya Azalea festival. It runs for most of the month of April down at the Isahaya Bridge Park. It wasn't a big thing. Many of the vendors were the same as the Fire Festival (more on that later). The guy hocking Anpanman waffles even recognized us, I think.

There was a little flea market/garage sale on one side of the street. Mostly junk by the time we got there (11am or so). All of it was cheap, but so cluttered that I didn't have the patience to go digging.

In the back, there were vendors of pottery, tools and plants. My attempts to get Chrys to buy a Japanese maple for the back porch (1000?, how could we go wrong?) were unsuccessful. (He claims to not want to get attached to a plant he may not be able to get back to the US). I avoided buying another bonsai (this time a sakura, as opposed to my beautiful plum that I thought was a sakura).

On the other, there were the flowers and water and it was just breathtaking. Azalea bushes blooming in shades of pink and purple and had taken over one side of the park. They were quite a sight to behold.

We had a nice walk, enjoyed some beautiful weather, ate crepes stuffed with fruit (strawberries for me, bananas for Chrys) and chocolate for lunch. I couldn't have asked for a nicer outing with my family.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

OMG if they didn't keep them pruned they'd be Azalea trees! They're beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I chuckled over the picture of RC trying to get her foot in the water. Good grip, Dad. Love and hugs, Mom

23 4月, 2005 10:17  

コメントを投稿

<< Home