Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

金曜日, 2月 04, 2005

30 Going on 13

No, I didn't make some crazy wish with a Japanese fortune teller to be a kid again. Heck, I'm not even 30...

Remember, though, when you were a kid and you would add o's and u's to the ends of words and pretend that you could speak Italian or Spanish (or any other foreign language)? Chrys and I are endlessly amused that it seems to actually work for us over here.

Say acetaminophen and get a blank stare. Acetaminofino, though, and they'll nod and take headache medicine.

"Take out" = funny look. "Take out-o" = food in a bag.

There are others, but I can't seem to remember them right now.

I'm not sure this rule is 100%, but at least I'm not alone...

I drove by a shop today. The sign said ゴフロ (gofuro). I'm betting "golf-o" would be close enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wynnie said...

set-o = side and a drink for kids or adults

04 2月, 2005 17:51  

コメントを投稿

<< Home