Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

土曜日, 1月 29, 2005

Sakura

Suddenly I understand a society's infatuation with cherry blossoms. We saw our first today at Shimabara Castle (more on that later, I promise).

Not only are they gorgeous, but the smell is intoxicating. There were only buds on a few trees, but the scent was overwhelming. There was one point on the path that I stopped and it just washed over me. It's rich, sweet...indescribable, and like nothing I've smelled before.

Chrys said it was almost as good as smelling cassia (and that's saying a LOT for him). Even Roo was in love with them and smelled and 'oooooed' repeatedly. Simply amazing.

Now, I cannot WAIT for spring when they will be everywhere. I think I must plan all of the places to visit during those weeks so I can enjoy the sweet high from these flowers. It's a shame they are open for such a short time. No wonder there are celebrations to mark their arrival.

I hope I can find them (and get them to grow) in Texas because I want about a dozen in my yard!