Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

月曜日, 1月 24, 2005

This is safer?

Japan (at the very least our little part of it) has some brand spanking new laws about not talking on your cell while you drive. In general, I like this law. I liked it when I found about it in New York. I wish Texas would implement it because it seems whenever someone does something stupid while I'm driving in Austin, they're on a cell. Here, I'm not sure they're getting the desired result.

Granted, I don't see very many people talking as they drive. That much is goodness. However, there are times that I'm driving down the road and the person in front of me will suddenly slam on his/her brakes and pull over. I use "pull over" very loosely because when you're using a 1.5 lane road as 2 lanes, there's not a lot of room to really pull over. I end up swerving around and very frequently see the person putting a cell phone up to his/her ear. I'm at a bit of a loss as to which is really more dangerous - talking while you drive or stopping suddenly to take a call.

I guess I'll just stick with driving carefully, down the middle of the road whenever possible, and trying to get out of here before I hit someone. Maybe the AP will carry updated statistics on Japanese driving safety once they get that all settled out.