Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

木曜日, 1月 06, 2005

Something new

Owl and I have decided that we need to try to do something new every day. Nothing major, just something different.

Yesterday we decided to drive to New Town/Nishii-Isahaya. It appeared to be mostly a bedroom community/residential area. I did see a free-standing Kuro Neko (the Japanese UPS), though. Some day, we'll have to see if they'll box and ship stuff for me or if I have to keep doing it myself at the post office.

Today, we just went to a new store. It wasn't very big, but it had some awesome produce. I got a HUGE bunch (a dozen, maybe) of bananas (Roo's new favorite food) for 198¥, which is about what I pay for 4-6 of them at San-ai. I also got a small package of strawberries for 298¥, about half what I paid the day before at the M-dot store. We liked the look of their spinach and their potatoes were larger than we'd seen before. I suppose I should wonder what's become of me that I get this excited about good produce, but I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.