Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

水曜日, 12月 15, 2004

Shipping

I got all of my X'mas presents mailed off today. While we had it budgeted, it was still insanely painful to part with over $300 to ship stuff. Sadly, we still have to do our holiday cards so that will add to the total, but hopefully not too drastically.

We were able to ship the big box (11kg) of stuff to Texas via some budget air mail. That was about half the budget. We did that from Nagasaki after getting re-entry permits. We also bought boxes from there since the concept of a pack 'n mail doesn't exist over here. Lucky for us, we have lots of packing paper left over from the move.

When I went to ship those smaller boxes this afternoon, she told me I couldn't do it via SAL (the budget air). I don't know what the communication breakdown was, but I ended up sending the bigger and medium boxes via EMS - their express mail service. The small ones I think went normal air mail. That made the sum more than I expected. I wasn't happy, but I would have been less happy bringing them home and having to deal with it later.

Oh well, at least it's done!

1 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

We got ours, and opened them on Xmas day. Thanks so much, we love them!

--mSWAE

27 12月, 2004 07:58  

コメントを投稿

<< Home