Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

月曜日, 11月 29, 2004

Fish heads, fish heads

Those that know me well, know that I LOVE sushi. When Chrys told me about coming to Japan, I replied with something about not being able to say no to all the sushi I could eat. Sadly, we've been here over a month and I've had raw fish once...

Yes, only ONE time. It's horrible. Being the only (voluntary) raw fish eating member of my household is proving to have its disadvantages.

The nice part is that I got 3-4 pieces of 5 varieties sashimi style for 500¥. Yup, you read that right - $5. It was whatever random assortment they had at the grocery store the night Chrys went out with his group from work. Better yet, it was SO good. I am 99% certain that I had salmon and tuna, but I have no idea what the other 3 were. One was slimy and milky white and chewy. I'll likely try to avoid that one in the future, mostly for the texture. I'm not a big fan of chewy in my raw fish.

As for the title...I avoided the packs that came with one type of fish, complete with head. Even I can't do that...