Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

日曜日, 11月 07, 2004

More stuff

Today marked the arrival of the rental furniture. They arrived around 9:30am and were out of here about an hour later. We have a large variety of new 'stuff' that finally makes this place feel more like home.

Owl and I now have desks which actually means that I gave Chrys his desk back and he and Owl aren't sitting on the floor of the office anymore. We have a bookshelf and a new (big) fridge. We got a microwave + stand and a TV + stand. The microwave stand was supposed be a sideboard, but we realized that we didn't have a microwave stand and the cart they brought was really too low to use as a sideboard. With the microwave on it, it's the perfect height for cutting. I still have no real counter space, though. The couch - that looked beige in the pictures - is actually a butterscotch orange leather, but it will do for a year. We have a nice end table that we're sure Roo will love to climb. I even got an iron and ironing board for my sewing and other just in case things.

We had our first home cooked meal tonight thanks to the new pots and pans. What did we make...the traditional Japanese spaghetti with meat sauce, of course. :) I'll admit, the spaghetti sauce was from a package. I think that will be the last pre-made spaghetti sauce we buy since we're not accustomed to it being sweet. Hopefully one of my cookbooks can help us figure out something better. We even used forks to eat it - novel concept.

Last, but certainly not least, my dryer. They brought me a new washer and a dryer since they didn't have a dryer that's compatible with my washer. Since it mounts on top, this was a known concern. Chrys got the impression that they were going to 'store' my washer for a year and then bring it back. We need to figure out Japanese for "don't bother" before they do that.

Now, we just have to get the old fridge down to the recycle shop and the move-in should be complete!