Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

火曜日, 11月 02, 2004

Stuff & food

Our stuff got here from Texas today. Owl was a champ and unpacked it all while I passed out with Roo for a nap. What on earth did we bring? Mostly Roo's toys - all of them. I brought them because she'll be too old for them when we get back and I had no idea how much we'd be able to get out and walk around, etc so I wanted to have plenty for her to do. Turns out, with the park across the street and the gorgeous weather so far, I need not have worried about that, but they're here anyway. Oh yeah...we brought our comforters, too. Man, have I missed those during these first chilly nights. Now, if only I had thought to pack a pot and a knife.

Why the pot and knife? Well, I'm growing tired of the pre-cooked (you need only heat and eat) mystery meat of the day, rice and veggies. Granted, this is probably the most balanced my diet has been in YEARS and it seems my scale (that also arrived today) likes it so far. Nevertheless...it gets old. Not that we've had anything bad, either. Today was some sort of meatloaf type thing. We've had pork and chicken with and without various sauces. Rice we can put in the rice cooker and veggies we can steam on top of the rice when it's done. It's been an interesting introduction to different types of pre-cooked food in Japan, but it still gets tiring after a couple of weeks.

Now, granted, I could go out and buy a pot and knife, but then I'd have to store it once the stuff that the company is renting for me arrives, i'd have to get it back to the states when we leave AND I'd have to actually pay for it. I'm hoping the rental stuff is pretty nice and will be at least as good, if not better than anything I would willing shell out a few bucks for. Time will tell...Sunday, or so I hear, I will get my answer.