Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

火曜日, 11月 23, 2004

Adventures in donuts

We trek to Mister Donut pretty much every Saturday at this point. We've gotten the same girl serving us 3 of the 4 trips. The 2nd time we went, she had learned "Eat In" for us. The third time, I had figured out "tabemasu koko" (literally, to eat here). That made her grin. Chrys is supposed to figure out whether or not it's real or just something that amuses people who have NO idea what I'm trying to communicate.

This last trip, I decided to take a risk and not get anything 'normal' looking. This was a HUGE mistake on my part. I ended up with two donuts that, while they didn't taste bad, did not define "Saturday morning donut experience" for me.

The first was the new donuts they have. They are rectangular, cut open and have something smeared inside them. I ended up with one smeared with chestnut paste. Chestnut paste isn't bad, but it brought back bad memories of the day in Haneda that wouldn't die. It was the better of the two and, thankfully, I saved a bite for the end just in case I didn't like the other one.

The second was one of their Pon Du Ring's that was cut in half (like a bagel) and smeared with something. That one turned out to be some sort of bean paste.

While both pastes were sweet and not bad tasting...I'll probably try to stick with chocolate and sugar covered and stay away from the 'filled' donuts for a while. Although, maybe if I know what I'm getting and make it a conscious decision, it won't be so bad.