Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

土曜日, 11月 13, 2004

On the AM radio, AM radio

No, not really. Probably just the beginning of a series of titles based on random song lyics that get stuck in my head as I try to think of how best to record this stuff. That's been a bit hard for me lately so I apologize for the lack of updates.

Anyway...so this is, rather obviously, radio related. I finally found a pretty decent radio station that comes in about 80% of the time. It's 77.4 (for anyone that cares) SMILE-FM. It cracks me up that it's SMILE, but that's probably not what they intended, but since I smile...maybe it is.

They play a decent mix of tunes, mostly rock, but from the past 30 or so years - maybe longer, I must confess my rock history is a bit rusty. They don't stick to American stuff exclusively and I'm finding myself mostly able to babble along to one Japanese song that I hear most days. Not that I have any clue what I'm singing about, but I can start to make out repeated sounds. I hear Gwen STEfani (pronounced with the emPHAsis on the wrong sylLAble) a lot, too.

They give me an English weather report on the way home from dropping Chrys off around 9am. Then they start the 'English tracks' where the announcer answers the phone "Good Morning" and gets hung up on repeatedly. If I could make out the number, I'd call in because I feel kind of bad for her. She laughs and babbles on about it in Japanese...I can only assume talking about how funny it is that she's confusing people - EVERY morning. Sometimes she gets one that stays and it seems that the game is to get the right English word for something. I'm amused...

The bad part is that, for most of the American songs, they like to talk over the ends of them. Picture it...I'm driving along jamming to "This Kiss" which I haven't heard in ages and as it gets to the last chorus where she sings the refrain over and over...which I actually enjoy...this guy comes on and just talks. Nothing excited in his voice, or anything...just talking. What kills me is that, in the background, I can almost make out the song that I REALLY want to hear the end of as they sloooooooooowly turn it off. I must say...this is an EXCELLENT way to get a song stuck in your head. Try it - never listen to the end of a song and see if you can stop singing it. It sucks! It's not enough for me to give up the one semi-decent radio channel, though. Sad, huh?