Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

日曜日, 11月 07, 2004

New tenants

Friday's word of the day was "neko". Many people recognize this as the name of our college cat, and will know that it means cat(s) in Japanese. (Yes, we did name our cat 'cat'.) Our furbabies showed up around 5:30, just as I was leaving to get Chrys from work. I quickly set up the litter box to allow the dust to settle and left them caged to get used to the new smells for a bit. While I ran around, Roo went from cage to cage yelling "cat" at them and trying to touch them through the grate. Poor neko.

When we got home, Chrys let them out one by one. Sadly, we couldn't set them free the 'right' way so they would adjust quickly. There's really no way for us to corral them in one room with the litter box and then slowly open up the other rooms as they get more comfortable. There's just not enough space in this apartment. We let them out near the litter box and let them start roaming the whole place. They've had a few adjustment 'issues', but given what they've been through we'll overlook it for a while.

Ingenious little beings that they are, they did figure out how to crawl under the semi-hard curtain into the bathroom and hide in there. It seems to be their favorite place, especially now that there is space to hide behind the washer.

I'm hoping that they can start being the excellent huntresses they were at home and take care of the little buggies that keep biting me. I'm hoping for a week of no new (I'm guessing) mosquito bites very soon. I'd like to free my paranoid husband from having to draw any more lines on my arms to monitor swelling and make sure it's really getting better.

2 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

Can we send you some bug spray? Love, Mom

07 11月, 2004 07:33  
Blogger Wynnie said...

Last I checked there wasn't a good bug spray for mosquitoes, indoors. I'll live.

08 11月, 2004 05:57  

コメントを投稿

<< Home