Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

月曜日, 7月 04, 2005

Sushi delivered

Fyoire wanted to try sushi while she was here. I had been looking for someone to try out a conveyor belt place. The biggest problem was that I had no idea where one was. I had heard them called 100¥ places so I kept my eye out for signs. As we drove past one with Yoshihara-san, I asked if that was a sushi place...then I realized that I could read the sign すし 100円 皿 (literally, Sushi 100 yen plate)

We ended up going there. Sure enough, they had a large conveyor belt that went around two chefs in the middle. Well, it only went around one of them and the other half was empty and controlled by little corner gates that allowed the stuff he made to get onto the other belt when there was a space.

I knew most of what I ate: maguro (tuna), salmon, ebi (baby shrimp), pineapple, cucumber roll. Some of it, I knew after I ate it: natto (fermented soybean paste - like peanut butter, only thicker and not sweet - almost gagged). Some of it I still haven't identified: a translucent milky white...bit chewy, but good. Owl had some tempura shrimp rolls and some chicken wings. Fyoire mostly ate cucumber. Roo didn't want much to do with any of it. Green tea bags were on the table and the mounted spigot dispensed hot water for brewing.

You pay by the number of plates you eat. Each plate is a different color and each color is a certain price. When we were done, they came and counted empty plates to get our total. The total wasn't bad, especially considering it was all very fresh and the atmosphere was fun! I can't wait to go back again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

The Fermented Soybean was the only bad part about my visit to Japan.

05 7月, 2005 02:49  
Blogger Wynnie said...

What about the eel? The natto was worse than the eel??? Of course, I guess you finished the eel, but man...

05 7月, 2005 07:37  

コメントを投稿

<< Home