Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

日曜日, 9月 18, 2005

I know why Japanese women wear heels, but...

I have come, over the course of my time here, to decide that 3" heels would actually make using the squatter a bit easier. For those of us that have lost much of the ability to squat with flat feet, that little tilt would offer so much more stability when Western toilets just aren't available. I'm sure there are a host of fashion reasons, too, but I'm trying to look for practical ones.

Given that, I still don't understand why a 3" stiletto is the shoe of choice for some place like Disneyland or the World Expo. Western toilets abound. There is no practical need for the shoes. They're going to be walking...miles...and those things just aren't that good for your feet.

I'm sure they become accustomed to it after a long while. Maybe they're even looking at me in my tennis shoes and beat up Birkenstocks wondering how I'm comfortable in something so unflattering. At the end of the day, though, when my feet are dying despite my tennis shoes, I just have to wonder how these women can walk by me in towering heels and not just collapse. Maybe I just don't have the personal fortitude to pull it off. Even so, I'm not sure I'd want to.