Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

日曜日, 3月 06, 2005

Headed "home"

We're having a really hard time defining "home" these days. It's not Isahaya and our apartment here. Sadly, it's not really our house in Texas as we haven't spent a considerable amount of time there in the last year. It's not my hometown as there's no future for us there right now. I guess, "home" is just America.

This week, we're going "home". We're going to Boston for a wedding, but when we tell people we're leaving we say we're going home. I think that pretty accurately describes our situation for now.

Anyway, we started planning for our trip. At this point, any planning includes what we are going to eat and do. We have a lot of cravings that have to be satiated in a very short period of time.

These days, there are 3 must-haves - Mountain Dew Code Red, Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burrito (they don't sell these in Phoenix...we were SO jipped at Christmas) and Cinnabon Mochalatta Chill.

Getting that list led me to think about what else I'm looking forward to going home to. There are quite a few things that I've managed to do without, but it will be nice to have access to again

  • Decaf anything - All of the flavor, none of the tummy ache
  • 98% lean ground beef - All of the flavor, none of the grease to drain from the pan *yuck*
  • Pam - All of the non-stick goodness without the fat of butter
  • My oven - not that my microwave isn't great, but I'm not exactly sure how to bake a lasagne or cheesecake in there just yet
  • Tortillas - I tried making my own and it wasn't so great (couldn't find shortening too easily). When I have some time again, we'll see if take 2 gets it off my list.
  • Pizza - the kind without corn or mayonnaise on it
  • Mexican food - enough said
  • Friends and loved ones - I'm making a few new ones in Japan, but it doesn't make me miss the ones at home any less.


I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind pretty easily. Don't get me wrong, there are things I will miss about being here. When it comes time to say sayonara, I'll make sure I note what they are. For now, though, there's no place like "home".

1 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

And the saying goes..."Home is where the heart is". You, Chrys and RC carry your home where ever the three of you are together. Love, Mom

06 3月, 2005 08:35  

コメントを投稿

<< Home