Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

月曜日, 11月 21, 2005

Mikan

Supposedly these are just mandarin oranges. Maybe I've never had a mandarin orange that wasn't canned (and subsequently added to orange jello by my father) because I've never tasted anything like them.

First of all, they are insanely easy to peel. The rind strips off like brittle paper. Most of the time, it comes off in small chunks about the size of my finger tip. Since they're small, they peel quickly. It takes no more than a quick nip of my finger nail to penetrate the skin, either. Furthermore, the rind leaves little to no residue on the fruit. It always frustrates me when I have to drag out a paring knife to nick an orange, only to have to keep peeling forever to get all of the little chunks off of the fruit. Really kills the experience.

They're seedless. Yeah, you can get seedless oranges pretty easily these days.

They're incredibly sweet. Not the so sweet they make your mouth pucker, either. They are sweet enough to satisfy my "jonesin' for some sugar" moments, though.

They're small so they're a great snack size. If you're hungry, you grab a couple. Otherwise, you won't spoil a meal by munching on one.

I need to figure out how to get a branch home to graft onto a tree in Chrys' dad's back yard. Yeah...that's the ticket.

1 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

The climate might be different. Perhaps something more temperate?
~Fyoire

22 11月, 2005 22:37  

コメントを投稿

<< Home