Adventures in Isahaya

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes" - Winnie the Pooh

自分の写真
名前:
場所: Burnt Hills, New York, United States

I'm a SAHM to a little girl born October 2003, a little boy born August 2006 and another little boy born January 2012.

日曜日, 11月 20, 2005

Chinese consulate?

Why on earth was I there, you ask? Ohhh...it's because I'm going to China and I needed a tourist visa to get there. They were very friendly, despite my poor performance in any language they spoke. They didn't even charge me any extra for rushing it so I could get it before we leave for Tokyo - woohoo!

I've had several encounters with the travel agent at this point. This last one was solo (no tutor to help translate), but it resulted in me going to China (with the other American family and their toddler). I'll be leaving Chrys here (since he has no interest in going) to watch Roo (so I don't have to try to travel alone and keep her occupied).

I'll be in transit two days (going and coming) and there two days. The first day is booked up with a tour that visits Tienamen Square, a museum (I wish I could figure out which one), the Great Wall and ends with Peking Duck dinner. My second day, I plan to see the Forgotten City, do some silk shopping, and if there's time, visit the pandas at the zoo. The pandas may get a higher priority if we don't get to see them in Tokyo.

I am CRAZY excited. I have my visa. I'll have my tickets next Monday. I have the city guide and the Mandarin phrase book (just in case of emergency). I have 4 days to myself?!